New player guide
New to StickMUD? This guide will cover all there is to know about the basics of the game, what to do after the starting area, and where you can find more help if needed.
Welcome to StickMUD, a medieval themed text-based adventure that has been growing for nearly 30 years. This guide is helpful to set you on the path to being the best player to come out of Newbie Park since Tarn.
If you have not already done so, create a player on the game. The simplest way to connect is with your web browser using Grapevine. In time, you may want to download to the Mudlet client, but let's keep it simple for now.
- Name - What is in a name? If you are having trouble choosing one, give Fantasy Name Generators a try.
- Password - Password should be easy to remember, but tough for someone else to guess. A special character and number are required.
- Gender - Female and male are our current offerings. We promise to expand our diversity. Equipment on the game allows you to experiment.
- Race - Races make our characters more special. You could change your race later if you want to try something new.
- Guild - Guilds are often called Classes on other games. Abilities will come with each guild that provide your character with opportunity for craft and combat.
Tinkly, your helpful guide
A tutorial area is offered at the starting location to acquaint you with the game. You land on your feet in a magically dark room with Tinkly, the Fairy of Enlightenment, who serves as your guide through the first 20 levels of your character (as long as you do not
There are tens of thousands of rooms within the game. Tinkly encourages moving
east to get you to take your first steps from one room to another.
Different rooms in the game offer none, some or all of the 8 compass directions as exits, such as
northwest. These may be abbreviated as
nw respectively. Additionally, it is common to find up, down, in and, out as well as custom named exits.
east to move to the next room.